RHIC Simulation Center Volunteer Program
The RHIC Simulation Center accepts five student volunteers per semester. The volunteer program is designed to provide the selected individuals the opportunity to gain experience in the application of simulation as an educational modality and learn about the healthcare field and professions. At the end of the volunteer period, the participants may be eligible for hire into open PRN Student Simulation Assistant positions, if available.
- Fall 2018 Volunteer Session: September 4 – December 7
Any student applying for a volunteer position with the RHIC Simulation Center must be currently enrolled in one of the RHIC’s academic institutional partners, which are:
- Indiana State University
- Indiana University School of Medicine– Terre Haute
- Ivy Tech Community College - Wabash Valley
- Harrison College
- Saint Mary of the Woods
The student must be majoring in a discipline that uses the Simulation Center.
At the minimum, volunteers must be able to work one four hour shift per week for the designated number of weeks per semester.
- Fall 2018: At least 10 weeks
- Set up simulation rooms for scenarios and events
- Perform the role of Standardized Patient (simulation actor) during simulation scenarios and events
- Operate simulation equipment, and integrated audio/visual system and software during simulation events
- Assist Clinical Simulation Specialist in creation of simulation scenarios and supplemental materials
- Act as a resource for Educators and Participants during simulation events
- Assist with the review and updating of simulation programs and materials
- Assist with tracking inventory, ordering, stocking and labeling simulation supplies
- Lead tours for groups visiting the Simulation Center
- Perform demonstrations for classes and visitors
To apply, complete the form below. Applications will be accepted through August 26th. If selected, interviews will be conducted the week of August 27th.